The inaugural University of Sydney Innovation Week celebrates the best of our teaching and research through a range of events from 24-28th October 2016. The Education Portfolio and partners invite staff and students to engage with our educational innovators through a range of formal and informal events across the week:
- Monday 24th October: Can data help me better understand and support learners? (1-5pm).
Educational Innovation and the Centre for Research on Learning and Innovation invite you to this hands-on workshop on using data to support learning and learners.
- Tuesday 25th October: Barefoot Innovation (all day).
Drop by the big screen on the grass outside the Law School for exercise for the body and mind, including a chance to engage with our health MOOCs.
- Tuesday 25th October: Vice Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence (4-5pm).
These awards recognise exceptional performance at the University including outstanding and innovative teaching, educational leadership and student support by academic and professional staff.
- Wednesday 26th October: Future Ed (12-3pm).
The Library, Educational Innovation and ICT invite staff and students to drop-in to ThinkSpace and explore, create, and discuss the future of education and how new technologies might be part of this.
- Wednesday 26th October: Student Innovation Challenge – Creating The Future Of Health (final pitch).
Do you have an idea that will lead Australia into the future of health? Kickstart your vision of a healthy future through the challenge which culminates in the final pitches on Wednesday of Innovation Week. Or come and watch the practice pitches during Tuesday’s Innovation on the Lawn event.
- Thursday 27th October: Sydney Teaching Colloquium – Experiments in Learning and Teaching (1-4pm).
Hear from colleagues from around the University about their innovative teaching practices. The 3 sessions cover: