After attending a faculty-based introduction to university teaching, casual teaching academics may be keen to find other opportunities for professional learning. Here are some suggestions:
- Participate in a short, fully online program ‘An Introduction to teaching at Sydney’
- Attend teaching and learning workshops held in your Department/School/Faculty
- Explore the university’s eLearning services
- Learn about culturally competent teaching via an online program
- Check out the smart casuals guide by The National Tertiary Education Union
- Be on the lookout for other opportunities to gain teaching experience e.g. giving a guest lecture.
For further information, please contact Dr Amani Bell, Educational Innovation team.