Sydney’s new undergraduate curriculum is both bold and challenging in its aim to equip students with the skills and knowledge necessary to be agile within a world defined by rapid change and complexity. These changes to the curriculum are ambitious and require expertise, vision and leadership to bring them to fruition. To address this need, the University has appointed leading academics within each faculty and school to the roles of course and component coordinator. These roles are critical to the way the new curriculum is imagined, planned and structured.
As the university undergoes the largest curriculum transformation in its history, course and component coordinators provide the leadership and vision to make it work.
To support the critical work and educational leadership required for this endeavour, Educational Innovation is offering three series of professional development workshops:
- Developing Leadership in Curriculum Design Series: for undergraduate course and component coordinators
- Designing and Leading Units Series: for undergraduate unit of study coordinators
- Developing Assessment Plans Series: for undergraduate course and component coordinators
Following the successful workshops held during April and May, registration is now open for additional workshops in the Developing Leadership in Curriculum Design Series for all coordinators of undergraduate courses and components, such as majors and streams. You can find details and register directly using the links below.
More workshops for unit of study coordinators have also been scheduled for August 2018. For further details and registration, click on the links in the relevant section below.
Workshops in the third series will be offered later in Semester 2. You will be alerted to the details later in the year.
SERIES I: Developing Leadership in Curriculum Design Workshops
Register Now 9th August 2018, 11 am – 1 pm, New Law Building Annexe (F10A) Seminar Room 102
Register Now 20th August 2018, 2 pm – 4 pm, Edward Ford Building (A27) Marjorie Oldfield Room (208a)
SERIES II: Designing and Leading Units Workshops
Register Now 14th August 2018, 10 am – 12 pm, Abercrombie Building (H70) Seminar Room 3200
Register Now 16th August 2018, 2 pm – 4 pm, New Law Annexe (F10A) Seminar Room 346
Cancelled 28th August 2018, 2 pm – 4 pm, New Law Annexe (F10A) Seminar Room 346
Register Now 30th August 2018, 10 am – 12 pm, New Law Annex (F10A) Seminar Room 440
Tell me more…
- Learn more about the graduate qualities at the heart of Sydney’s new curriculum: What are the graduate qualities and why are they important?
- Find out more about how different parts of the curriculum join up: Connecting the dots in the new curriculum
- The ‘Developing Assessment Plans’ Series will commence in Semester 2. Details to be posted on this page soon.